Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Another Tote Like Creation





























I made another tote bag this weekend. I've had this skirt for years ever since I saw it at the Goodwill and fell in love with it. I knew I would never be able to fit into it, and so I have waited for the right project/to develop my sewing skills.

I'm thrilled with the results. I love that I finally get to use this fabric for something I love. There are a few things I may tweak, such as putting buttons where the button holes are and making the zippered area into a pocket. My sewing instructor suggested these ideas, and as much as I am irritated with the class, they are good ideas. So I think I may do that this afternoon.

Which means another trip to fabric land for the buttons... Ugh, the ladies there are starting to remember me. I spent far too much money there on Friday. I'm sure they'll love to see me coming in again!

I also made a sewing machine cover this weekend. However it wasn't nearly so successful. I made a few fatal cuts into the fabric and spent hours trying to fix it. In the end I was so frustrated and enraged that I ripped it apart. Like a crazy She-Hulk. Not my finest hour to be sure. But you live and you learn. I'm going to try making another one and it will look lovely since I have definitely learned from my mistakes!

Update: buttons are on and they look awesome! They make the bag for me to be honest.

No comments: